Monday, March 30, 2009

Crimson Fist Update

Yesterday, I sat down (after the wife headed off to work) and started painting some of my Crimson Fists. Then I started to hear these voices in my head. I looked around and found that it was coming from a nearby box of Sternguard Veterans. The next thing I remember is two hours have gone by, five Sternguard models stood assembled in front of me and none of the other models I had set about painting were finished. Wierd. Anybody else experience missing time?

While I'm on the topic of Sternguard. Anybody know of or see any articles out there on converting other SM models to Sternguard? I'm kind of neurotic about duplicating models. If I can make reasonably distinct conversions, I think it will enhance my collection. I'd like to explore converting plastics as well. Let me know if anyone finds any. I'll post pics in the next day or so.

Sternguard Squad - 155 points
sgt w/ powerfist
veteran w/ combi-melta
veteran
veteran
veteran

9 comments:

  1. Voice in my head always start talking whenever I sit down to paint! For reasons I can't fathom, they prefer me to always be building more minis rather than finish painting the ones I've started. If I had a way to drown them out, I would have so many more completed models!

    As for Sternguard, most of the work I've seen involves using the DA or BT sprues to spice up the normal tactical model. So Sternguard in robes or with chains on their guns or what have you. I don't know that any of them fit the Crimson Fist motif. I see them as much more…practical…about how they gear up for war. So less with the robes and more with the armor.

    I'm probably going to try my hand a few Sternguard from plastic conversions. I think the Ork drums work nicely as bolter drums and I think I've figured out how to modify the tactical armor to look like sexy Sternguard armor. We should exchange ideas! Make April Crimson Fist Sternguard month! What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've converted a few Sternguard using the basic marine kit and putting some extra purity seals, scrolls, and bits from the Terminator and commander sprues on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Willem-Jan's Relictors (more relictors, yay!), i'm sure he won't mind me posting a link to his photobucket. Again, plastic dudes with Templar/DA/Command/Chaos bits.
    Here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/hephesto555666/Relictors/?action=view&current=r29.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sry, forgot to add... Use the vehicle storm bolter magazines on the bolters. Nice and easy does it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it helps to talk back at the voices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the bottom of this post I have a picture of three I converted:

    http://stuck-between-stations.blogspot.com/2009/03/second-rhino-completed.html

    Also, I wrote a tutorial on converting combi-meltas for Librarium Online:

    http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/completed-tutorials/157617-space-marine-combi-meltas.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try this one on converting bolters to Sternguard bolters:

    http://weemen.blogspot.com/2009/03/simple-sternguard-bolter-conversion.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, thanks guys! I can use these articles. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete