Monday, March 2, 2009

Crimson Fist Pics


Check the model on the left. That's an example of when a decal turns out right. I used the 'ardcoat (as shown on the model, second from the left) before applying the decal. Then I used the sealant (Testor's - the GW stuff sucks).




7 comments:

  1. Nice work on the decals - any tips for getting them to lay flat like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. Decals can be tricky for sure. Always nice to see more Crimson Fists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Microsol and cut as close to the edge of the decal as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I would watch out about adding the knife to back of the model as it makes him not WYSIWYG since he does not have a pistol and a cc weapon as the model depicts. Not normally a problem but you never know when you might be at an event with an annoying judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, these guys are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. The new color combination doesn't make it look much different but not mixing paints, certainly makes this easier.

    As for the blade, thanks for the heads up. I'm not a tournament kind of player, so it's strictly to tell a story, not abide by any WYSIWYG rules, so it shouldn't be an isse at a friendly game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just brilliant models! I love the clean colors and how smooth they are.

    The bolt metal is so clean! I'm really enamored with the smoothness of that paint!

    ReplyDelete