Monday, October 5, 2009

Grey Hunter Elrik Bloodeye



I finally had a minute to sit down and actually mess around with the Wolf Pack kit. I can't get over how much stuff is in there! There are so many options, it's practically impossible to duplicate any single model. The only thing that I'm not happy with is how the backpacks are attached to the sprues - right on the exhaust nozzles. That makes for a trimming nightmare. I screwed up the first one, so I had to go with a plastic wolf's head backpack. I need to be careful on the next one.

Anyway, here's a shot of my first SW Grey Hunter. I present Wolf-Brother Elrik Bloodeye. Elrik has served in Lord Ragnar's Great Company for over five decades and has distinguished himself on the battlefield time and time again. Elrik lost his eye to battling Dark Eldar pirates in the Shadow Nebula (I totally made that up).

The new Space Wolf models are awesome and great fun to build. I only hope that my imagination can keep up with the army as it grows.

2 comments:

  1. Looking cool. I like his "individualness". :D

    I'm planning on picking up the Pack and Termi boxes for my Iron Hands. It'll involve a lot of putty and filing, but some of the bits are just gorgeous - and the leg poses are far better than that standard "crapping" configuration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the models being so unique I love the idea of a backstory for each (like the Space Hulk roster.) Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete