Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Time...


...to go back to school. Those of you who are parents out there, know what I'm talking about. You've just about squeezed about as much fun out of the summer as you're going to and now the kids are bored, they're fighting about everything and just all around punchy. Our patience is wearing thin and now it's time to head back to school. Anyway, the kids were out of control yesterday and kept begging me to play some kind of board game with them. Well, I was not in the mood for my oldest daughter's 'Mall Madness' game, so I was able to talk her into a game of Space Hulk. So I broke out the game and she was hooked. She picked up the rules super fast so the second game went pretty quick, despite the fact that we didn't use the time for the space marines (I broke the damn thing the last time I played). Does anyone know what the actual time limit is for the Space Marines? I've got to get a replacement hourglass. I'm usually prett anal about my stuff, so I'm pissed that the timer's broke.

Ok, back on topic. My daughter ended up winning the game (Mission I). That's because I gave her a huge break (as seen in the picture). She held off the genestealers pretty well throughout, but she left her Heavy Flamer wide open to attack which would have cost her the game. But I figured that I'd be 'cool dad' and let that one go. We had a good time despite the outcome.

Oh well, only four more days until school. WHOOHOOO!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I understand about summertime. Unfortunately I am a teachers, so when your kids are all squirrely and you send them off to school, I'm the one that has to deal with it! But I have a good time doing it.

    Its good to see 40k being passed down to the next generation! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your Blogroll! Keep up the BA!

    http://thebrothersarmoury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to pick up the rulebook, mission book, and the tiles for this off of eBay.

    I could care less about the minis but I have always wanted to own a copy of Space Hulk.

    ReplyDelete