Friday, January 2, 2009

30 Second Update

Here's a shot of where I'm at with my army. I've got Kantor built and awaiting primer. I just got out to the store and finally picked up my Primer of choice: Krylon Black Primer (more on that in a later post). I'm not happy with the GW stuff at all and I don't want to take any chances with this model. I have finished painting half of Squad Ramos (Tactical Squad 1), and the Assault Squad is assembled. I just need to drill out the bolt pistol barrels on those guys. Not pictured here, I also have Squad Tobias (Tactical Squad 2) partially assembled. And finally, I basecoated Rhino 1 and after mixing the final highlight shade, I'm about ready to finish up the transport.

I've also solved (thanks to a suggest from Aventine in an earlier post) my tactical arrow dilemma. I'm going to go ahead and add the white GW decal and then paint over it with Mechrite Red, followed by a Blood Red highlight. I tested the process out on an old UM test model and it was so much easier than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. To make the transfer easier to place without folding on the curved surface, when you cut them out from the sheet, cut right up to the white print and discard the surrounding transparent film - less to fold and distort this way. I'm 50+ arrows along with the relictors!