Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


On behalf of myself and my family, I'd like to wish everyone and their families a Merry Christmas and a safe and blessed Holiday season. Personally, this is my favorite time of year and it has been for as long as I can remember. Even moreso now, because of my three beautiful daughters. My wife and I run ourselves ragged every year, doing everything in our power to make Christmas a magical time for them. We take every precaution to keep that most important secret and so far we've been successful. But I really tend to stress myself out trying to keep it classified. But at the end of the day, all of it - every second is worth the smiles that I see on my kids' faces on Christmas morning and throughout the season. It's a time that their eyes shine brighter than the North Star itself and words can't describe the sense of wonder it leaves me with. So, to all of you new parents out there take a bit of advice from Uncle Hammer. Make every moment count and don't rush through the season, because the reality is that when you have kids - there is a finite number of magical Christmases. Don't waste any of them.

Happy Holidays

I swiped the pic from a previous post over at BTP because that image pretty much sums up the last two weeks (weather-wise) here in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment