Saturday, May 14, 2011

Captain My Captain...first GK finished!





Brother-Captain Omarus Halcyon, commander of the 7th Brotherhood, is one of the chapter's finest warriors. He is far older than most of his comrades realize and he often eludes to past experiences that none of his men can remember. He is an accomplished warrior and brilliant tactician and he is held in high regard by the Chapter Council. It is said that Halcyon was a once a battle brother of the Red Hunters chapter of Space Marines and commanded one of that mysterious chapter's veteran squads before joining the ranks of the Grey Hunters.

I finished painting my Brother-Captain and had a pretty hard time with the sword, which I'm still not happy with, but after spending pretty much the whole afternoon on this one, I'm ready to call it a day. I just can't seem to get that wet blending technique down.

I'm only including the tabard on squad leaders and such, to help differentiate them from the rank and file. Believe it or not, there are only so many different poses that you can build. The red tabards, for purposes of my collection will signify command (Brother-Captains, Brotherhood Champions, Justicars). The white tabards will signify senior officers (Grand Masters). On the bright side, I've completed the first model for my army. Only 26 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment