Saturday, May 21, 2011

1500 High Elves...Fail


I got that game in with my buddy Jon today. He brought Chaos Warriors against my High Elves. The game started out will, I gunned down his Marauder Horseman in pretty short order, but that was the extent of my success. I won't get into the details, but by the end of the third turn, I was down to just my level 2 Mage. Nothing went right. So it's back to the drawing board, 'cause my list sucked.

I still haven't given up on the High Elves. I am convinced that there is a way to a winning army. I'm thinking of dropping my Ellyrian Reavers (2 units of 5) and going with a nice block of 10 Dragon Princes and maybe give up some finesse and sink some points into a Dragon Mage as well. Lothern Sea Guard totally crapped the bed for me, so I'm dropping those in favor of some cheaper Spearmen. Those are just some initial thoughts. My losing list today was:

Noble - no magic itmes
Level 2 Mage
Level 1 Mage
10 Archers w/ champion
20 Swordmasters w/ command and banner of sorcery
20 LSG w/ command
5 Ellyrian Reavers
5 Ellyrian Reavers
1 Bolt Thrower

No comments:

Post a Comment