Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sons of Dorn


Reading the new space marine novel, Sons of Dorn by Chris Roberson. As 40k novels go, the first 200 pages or so, are pretty weak. Why Roberson feels the need to re-hash the process by which candidates are selected and trained is beyond me. I say bring on the action. Finally, the scouts of the 10th Company, Imperial Fists hit dirt side and the action ensues.

I know, I know, they are not the Crimson Fists, but coming from the same geneseed, I thought that I would cut them some slack. The action does pick up later on in the book and becomes a pretty entertaining read. It did whet my appetite for the impending release of Rynn's World.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Rynn's World to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called my local GW store today about that very thing - releasing in February. I'm looking forward to it as well.

    ReplyDelete