Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lost!

I'm currently in a serious gaming/hobby funk. I've been drifting back and forth between reading WFB rules/expansions, to Warmachine, to Pathfinder RPG and their new upcoming Heroes and Monsters miniature combat game, to board games like The Adventurers and Heroscape. Then bouncing back to 40k. I even glance at the Dreadfleet boxed set which I have not finished reading. I've seen some great material on the web or in magazines, but I can't seem to get myself motivated enough to jump into anything.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe it's because I'm too busy with work and family, but I can't seem to engage any project or game with any kind of zeal. Has anyone out there been faced with a similar dilemma?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm threatened by the dangerous 'funk', tool of chaos lords everywhere. Here's what I do:

    1. Push through it and try to get a game in asap
    2. Push through it and try to paint something asap
    3. Push through and read some fluff asap

    Warmachine, 40k, etc are really important to me. I would never put it ahead of my family, of course, but outside of that, minis are my thing.

    So I resist the pull of the quicksand and push on. No other way around it for me :)

    Good luck, man! You'll push past this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint something and then game with it. That's all I ever need.

    ReplyDelete