Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Warmachine Model Painted


Commander Coleman Stryker was the first Warmachine model to fall victim to my mediocre painting skills. I had a difficult time with this piece. I think more because of the fact that I haven't painted anything in a while. I missed a couple of mold lines during the cleaning, but it can't be helped now. Unless I want to re-paint it - which I don't. But all in all, I gave it a decent effort and I'm on to the plastic Ironclad. The lighting sucks, but photographing models will be something I learn later. Nearly every color on the model was from GW paints because that's what I had on hand. But I want to check out some of the P3 paints in the future. I'd like to finish the Cygnar battlegroup before Christmas, but we'll see. I got this model done in one evening, while watching TV, so...who knows. Stranger things have happened.

I've spent the last couple of days reading the background and history of the Warmachine setting and I like it a lot. That mix of fantasy and military is really hitting the spot. So far, my two favorite factions are Cygnar and Khador with the Mercenary faction following a close, close third. Anyway, comments are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I think you belittle yourself too much. He looks pretty awesome.

    I like the gators from the Hordes half of the game, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is looking pretty good.

    ReplyDelete