Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget


To all of the victims, their families and heroes of 9/11, you are all still in my prayers. That day will forever stay etched in my memory. I remember it being a beautiful, sunny day and I was hearing the reports on the radio as I drove to work. I could feel my heart starting to race with fear. I got to work and sprinted across the parking lot to get upstairs and see what was happening. I got to the TV in the lounge just as the second plane hit the tower. I remember, I stopped breathing for several seconds. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember our Help Desk being uncharacteristically silent with no phones ringing.

My boss came around and told us all to go home and be with our families. I left immediately and I can't remember ever wanting to be beside my wife and children more than on that day. My wife was terrified. I was glued to the television all day.

My parents and grandparents tell me that they remember ever minute of the day that John Kennedy was assassinated. They could remember where they were, who they were with and what they were doing. Sadly, 9/11 has had the same impact on me.

God Bless America and all of those who have sacrificed so much in the name of freedom. We owe you more than we can ever hope to repay. We Will Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment