Sunday, August 21, 2011

40k Book Review - Imperial Glory


Until a couple of weeks ago, I was between jobs and beginning to climb the walls. So to maintain my sanity, I got back into reading. I had a stack of books almost as tall I was, so I figured I'd work on that. About 4 days ago, I finished the newest IG book, Imperial Glory by Richard Williams and I enjoyed that one immensely. Some great firefights and running battles with a host of colorful characters. I kind of envisioned as Band of Brothers episodes as they fought their was through various battlefields...and the ending was great. Best I've read in a while. Well, now I'm nearly half way through The Chapter's Due by Graham McNeill. This one is the latest book in the Uriel Ventris series (Captain of the Ultramarines 4th Company). Up until now, I was not a huge fan of the series, having a difficult time getting into it, but this latest installment is nothing less than awesome!! I'm having a tough time putting it down and I even get cranky when someone (aka, wife and kids) forces me to put the book down.

The book needless to say has got me on an Ultramarine kick, so don't be surprised to see some Ultramarines minis pop up hear at Kantor Base. Oh, and I actually finished painting a 750 point Grey Knights army AND played my first game over the weekend. It did no go well, but I had fun playing with a painted army for a change, so I'm hoping there will be more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment