Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crimson Fists - Gone

Very recently, a friend who was in town and took up (thanks to me) the game of 40k made me an offer that I couldn’t refuse, so I sold him my Crimson Fists army. Under normal circumstances would I have done this? Nope. I enjoyed building the army. But in today’s trying economic times, I needed the extra cash, so I did it.

But not to fear, my friends. All is not lost. I have re-dedicated Kantor Base to honor ALL chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. And so going forward and for the foreseeable future, I’ll be working on the Raptors Chapter.

For those die-hard Crimson Fist fans, I apologize and sincerely hope that you continue to follow my posts that will now be more frequent as I have officially completed my Bachelor’s Degree (it only took me twenty five years) and the children will be getting out of school next week which means no more fifth grade or second grade homework. With three more weeks of coaching softball, I won’t know what to do with myself.

I do plan to play a few games of 40k in the coming weeks and even Warhammer Fantasy. I'm also chomping at the bit for the new Galahdrim Elves for the War of the Ring. This is going to be a kickass summer for gaming.

9 comments:

  1. ...what

    huh...

    well I guess that makes sense...HERTIC...haha

    I hope to see more updates here as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... how much di you get for it, and what exactly did you sell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that you've got to get rid of an army, but given the economy, it's kind of understandable. 40k < food, shelter, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a friend of mine, so I sold him Kantor, 2 tac squads w/ rhinos, 1 assault squad, 5 terminators and a whirlwind for $150.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasp* !

    I'm glad that you're continuing with your blog though - although that's one army down, your next one(s) will improve through the work you put in to the Fists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you gave your friend a good deal, i'm sure he'll enjoy gaming with them.
    Congrats on finishing your Bachelor's Degree, hope you enjoy your extra hobby time! and I'll look forward to seing how your Raptors come along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least, you didn´t switch to Imprial Guard, ufff...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa. Serious changes. Congrats on the degree man! Good on you. Understandable about the CF's - gonna miss them though. ;)

    ReplyDelete