Monday, April 20, 2009

Warhammer Historical


Last week, I had the opportunity to hang out with John from Plastic Legions and I got to watch my first game of Warhammer Historical Battles, Legend of the High Seas. John and Rich were on hand to answer all of my questions. Thanks guys. I have to say the system really peaked my interest. I'm a bit of a history buff, so it was cool to see a tabletop wargame going on with one of my favorite times in history as a backdrop, being played out. So what did I do? I bought the rulebook. I also ordered a few models. There's talk of a campaign in the works, so I'm hoping that pans out.

So far, from what I've read of the rules, they're a mix of Lord of the Rings and Mordheim. Two games that I really enjoyed playing. As soon as my models come, I'll put them on the table and playtest a turn or two to make sure I have a decent grasp of the rules.

Drink Up, me hearties. Yo Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment