I've been spending the last few days working on my Grey Knights and I have been able to really go through sprues and get stuff built. Despite a few challenges while assembling the power armoured Grey Knights, the models are awesome. So far, I've compiled a short list of likes and dislikes that I'd like to share:
- Great detail on each piece
- Extensive pose capability
- Great to use with other SM kits and vice versa
- Lots of different heads
- Seems easy to create plastic Librarians with the Terminator bits
- Some unnecessary components, just to make me miserable - magazines for storm bolters, Could they just mold them onto the stormbolter.
- Having to attach the storm bolters to the arms seperately (termies too)
- Lack of bits to use on vehicles (in my opinion)
- Psycannon on GKs, don't seem to line up right.
- New plastic Terminators seem a bit broader than the old metal ones.
Anyway, currently I have my first Strike Squad assembled, based, primed and basecoated (10-man squad). I have a Rhino primed and ready for painting and I've been building a Terminator Squad. So the work continues.
As I mentioned a few posts ago, I ran into some old friends who are now into Fantasy and I'm looking forward to getting a game in soon, so I'll have paint work to do on the High Elves as well, so I may be alternating so I don't get bored with one project.