Friday, May 28, 2010

Oops....I did it again.


Yep. I went ahead and did it again. I tell myself that I'm going to work on one army and give it my undivided attention and then I go and jump into the next new thing that comes out. Damn GW gets me every time. I swear, I'm like a monkey around gold. If it's new and shiny, I'm all over it.

I have completely fell into (or jumped onto) the Blood Angels bandwagon. I bought the Codex, read it and the next thing I know...I'm standing at the register with a pile of Blood Angels stuff. I can't help myself, I just get so drawn into the hype. Anyone else out there like that? I hope I'm not suffering from some kind of gaming ADD.

Anyway, I've come up with about 1600 points worth of Blood Angels. I've included Mephiston ('cause he's an absolute bad-ass), a Dreadnought, a squad of Death Company (can't decide on whether to use jump packs or a Rhino) led by a Chaplain, 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Assault Squad, a Baal Predator, a Sanguinary Priest with a jump pack and a couple of Rhino Transports for the Tac Squads.

I haven't decided on how I'm going to spend my last 400 points. Maybe someone has a suggestion or two....
So what do I call Kantor Base now? Well, I'm not sure. Do I change the name or the colors. I have no idea. We'll have to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hammer,
    If you have gaming ADD, then I must be insane.
    At present I am working on 7 armies.

    Keep Kantor base, from what I see the Crimson Fists were the army that brought you into the hobby.
    Sherpa
    www.thegamingsherpa.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it would help to have a libby furi dread...my guy kills massive stuff and makes his points up...also the DC dread in the troop choice I take one usually when I take some DC guys...give him blood talons and watch him eat everything...as he already has Furious Charge and ignores all 1's and 2's on the damage chart...

    Also remember that Chaplains do not contain the DC and keep them in check anymore...all they do is let them re-roll and misses to hit and all misses to wound...they have rage as does the DC Dread so they go after the closest enemy unit...from the ratlin snipers to that Land Raider...so give them Lemartes for 150 as the chaplain/w jump pack is 125 and lemartes pays for himself as he is a DC so he re-rolls everything on top of feel no pain...and if he takes a wound he not has S5/A5 making him even better then the other chaplains...including the HQ one...haha

    ReplyDelete