Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New White Dwarf


I got my new White Dwarf over the weekend and I have to say, it's one of the better issues to come along in a while. Not only because the Space Marines are getting more love with the release of the Blood Angels, but some of the WFB articles have actually been pretty interesting.

Speaking of Blood Angels, I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the new Codex and new models. I, of course have already ordered the Codex and some of the kits. I like the new hand flamer bits and the sprues have some cool looking bits.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't resist ordering the new sanguinary guard to go with my new BA codex... I'm just happy that they went more Angelic Space Marines rather than Vampire Count Space Marines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but the Sanquinor is way too Excalibur for me. If I ever get that model, the wings are going to have to be black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna pick up the codex as part of my "Know Thine Enemy" policy... but having perused the latest white dwarf I think I'll have to pick up a box of Sanguinary guard as well!

    Lacking a blood angel army to put them in I'm thinking of making them part of a small blood angels based chess set, with some key models I'd like to paint making up the character pieces, and tactical marines as pawns. I've been planning to make my own chess set for a while anyway, as an opportunity to paint up some models for armies that I don't collect. This can be the first.

    As for the rest of the squad (should have three left over after I've had my fun painting them up) I'm thinking of painting them up as statues to add to my scenery box. With such beautiful models, you need to do SOMETHING with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a shame the editing in this White Dwarf is terrible! Loads of spelling and grammar mistakes. And sloppy editing: using the same words over and over again. Virtually every page has a 'bespoke' something or other.

    But the new Blood Angels look awesome! I've ordered 5 sets of the new death company to get enough pieces to spread around my army!

    ReplyDelete