Friday, October 29, 2010

Dark Eldar - Initial Thoughts


I've been checking out the round tables discussions on the GW site regarding the new Dark Eldar. If you remember, a while back I mentioned that I was considering making this new line my first bad guy army. I had based that claim solely on the cool looking new miniatures, but as I listened to the round tables, I grew more interested in their background. Much like GW, I never really gave much attention to the Dark Eldar, so I don't know how much of the background discussion are new and how much is old stuff but this race sounds a lot like a cross between Stargate Atlantis' Wraith combined with the Borg from Star Trek. Two of my favorite villains. So is this original stuff? Doesn't sound like it, but I must admit, I am intrigued by the background and I'll be picking up the codex next week.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of the stuff they talked about was definitely new. The old DE code was one of the first to have the background "trimmed down" so they've always seemed incredibly two dimensional. Jes and Phil have certainly changed that!

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete