Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I was trying to figure out ways to bolster my Swordmasters and Lothern Sea Guard and it never even occured to me to check eBay. Well, to make a long story short, I found a unit on ebay for a very reasonable price. While this saves me about $90, by not having to purchase another Island of Blood box, I am a teeny, tiny regretful that I didn't get a set of skaven for myself.
Anyway, they came today, so now I can boost that unit. Enemies of Ulthuan beware. I just need another set of LSG.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
I also returned or rather exchanged some kits on dead projects that I had lying around and picked up a Battalion box to prep for a legal 2,000 point list. Oh and I grabbed another unit of Sword Masters off eBay for a very reasonable price.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Despite my wallet's better judgement, I picked up the new D&D Boardgame, Castle Ravenloft. Yes, I was once a D&D fanatic. Back in the days when there was such a thing as "THACO". I haven't played in many years, but I have followed the game periodically and even collected some of the minis. What can I say, it brings back some great memories with Owlbears and whatnot. So, imagine my excitement when one of my favorite games of old, was getting a stripped down version. I just had to have it. So I dropped the coin and unboxed it in the wee hours when the wife and kids were asleep. At first glance, I have to admit that I really liked what I saw. Here are my first observations:
1. A bit of a hefty price tag - $65 (but worth it, so far)
2. Big-ass box (not the flimsy, crushable kind)
3. Heavy card stock tiles and character cards (ala Descent)
4. Awesome, well organized storage tray that holds tiles, minis, dice, cards, etc.
5. Minis seem to be made of a sterner plastic than the collectible figs, although there is some reproduction of some of the collectible figs. (unpainted, but no big deal)
6. New board game due out this fall that can be used with Castle Ravenloft
7. Rulebook is less than 15 pages
8. Well illustrated rulebook, (but that's one of the best parts of 4th Edition - the art)
9. 1 - 5 players, which means you can actually play the game solo
I'll post pics of the stuff as soon as I can, I'm going to try and work through the rules and a solo game tonight, but it looks pretty easy.